VOLUNTEERING – The precious gift of time
Volunteers are critical parts of non-profits throughout the world, including here at WCHS. Our volunteers not only help to lighten the load of our staff, but by donating their time and talents, volunteers ensure that shelter operations can progress to a new level by assisting in socializing the animals, cleaning the shelter and helping at events and fundraisers. Staff and volunteers work together not only in animal care giving, but also in sharing the WCHS mission throughout the shelter and the community.
When you join WCHS as a volunteer you will become part of a team working to make our community a safer and more humane place for all living creatures. Each time you leave the shelter you will be rewarded in knowing that you’ve created one more wagging tail, a purr and a smile.
The services we provide at WCHS are vital to the community and with the commitment of both staff and volunteers we can help more animals throughout Washington County each year. Our volunteers complement our staff each day and it is wonderful to have volunteers who understand our mission and join in.
Dog Trainers wanted! On-site training provided. Contact the shelter at (262) 677-4388 for more information.
Foster Homes Needed
Share your love, compassion, and home with an animal that needs a little extra TLC and would benefit from some time outside the shelter. In exchange for caring for the animal, we provide all the necessary litter, food, equipment, and medication for each animal. We ask homes to be able to separate current family animals from same species fosters, if they are ill.
- Adoption Counselors- Greet people as they arrive at the shelter, take them around to see our adoptable animals, work with customers to match animals with suitable homes, and help customers complete adoption applications. We ask volunteers to commit to one day per week. Adoption counseling takes place during the hours that the shelter is open to the public: Monday 1pm–4pm or 4pm-7pm, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 1pm-5pm, or Wednesday 5pm–8pm.
Adult Opportunities (Click here to go to the Adult Opportunities page)
Youth Opportunities (Click here to go to the Youth Opportunities page)
Volunteer Interest Information If you are ready to fill out a Volunteer Application – please review the Volunteer Interest Booklet first.
Printed applications can be mailed to:
The Washington County Humane Society
3650 State Road 60
Slinger, WI 53086
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
- Please review the Volunteer Interest Booklet prior to completing an application.
- If you are ready to fill out a volunteer application, click below to fill out the form.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will contact you via phone or email after receiving and reviewing your application.
- Due to the size of our shelter, we cannot always accommodate all applicants, and some opportunities are limited. We take applicants based on our current shelter needs and volunteer positions available.
Washington County Humane Society
3650 State Road 60 Slinger, WI 53086