For residents in Washington County cats are, $40 (male) or $60 (female). For residents Outside of Washington County cats are, $50 (male) and $75 (female).
Included in the cost:
- Spay/Neuter Procedure
- Rabies Vaccination
- Distemper Vaccination
- Ear cleaning and removal of small matts/burrs if necessary and if they tolerate it
- Left ear tip
A left ear tip is required for both community cat spay/neuter programs at WCHS. If you are not comfortable with this procedure, we ask you to use your regular veterinarian. The Barn Buddies program is available twice a month March through November, but space is limited. While preference is given to Washington County felines, we will also accept cats from neighboring counties if space is available. If you are interested in our Barn Buddies program, please contact WCHS at 262-677-4388. For your cat to qualify for our Barn Buddies program, they must meet ALL the requirements below:
- Must be a outdoor cat.
- At least 8 weeks old.
- Weighs at least 2, preferably 3, pounds. Patients weighing less then 3 pounds will not receive a rabies vaccine.
- Not a nursing mother. Nursing mothers will not be accepted until after the kittens are weaned and off of mom for at least two weeks. This gives mother’s milk an opportunity to subside. If the mother cat is too full of milk when she is presented to the surgery clinic she will be sent home. We are unable to make a surgical incision through milk glands, as this will almost certainly cause a serious infection.
- If the animal you are bringing in has bitten you within the last 10 days and drawn blood we are unable to perform the surgery. Wisconsin law states that the animal must be quarantined for 10 days and see a vet three separate times to ensure it is free of rabies.
- Must be healthy. Our vet reserves the right to deny services for any animal they feel is not healthy enough to have surgery. If the animal is found to be sick and unable to undergo surgery we will call you. A prompt pick up is expected, as we do not want to expose other cats to illnesses.
- Your full name
- Phone number
- County you reside in
- Information on all the cats you would like to be altered