Full Time Animal Care Tech-
Starting at $10.00/hr
- Must be over 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to life and carry up to 50 lbs repeatedly throughout the day
- Must have valid regular Wisconsin driver’s license with good driving record
- Excellent communication skills, be team oriented, and enjoy fast paced environment
- Candidates must be committed to treating animals with kindness and respect
- 40 hours
- Full time animal care staff will work 4 ½ days per week. Typical hours are 8:00 am- 5:30 pm.
- After probationary period and training are complete, this position requires taking an after-hours pager rotation. During that week, you are required to work on that Saturday and Sunday. This rotation would be roughly every 4-6 weeks.
- Daily care and cleaning of animal housing and supplies
- Administering medication, including orally, topically, and subcutaneously
- Monitor daily health of animals in care
- Performing animal intake exams, including vaccinations
- Assisting the community with incoming stray animals
- Transporting animals to veterinary appointments
- Assisting with adoption counseling and adoption paperwork
- Assist with potty breaking dogs 3 times daily
- Additional duties as assigned
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available
- Life & supplemental insurances available
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Employer provided uniform
- Employee discounts on goods & services
As a WCHS animal care tech, you will work alongside other animal care staff, surgical assistants, veterinarian, and administration staff striving to make a difference in the lives of the pets and community we serve. With the chance to utilize your experience with knowledge, communication skills, and love for animals, this role will afford you the opportunity to define a clear career path for continued growth and learning.
The Washington County Humane Society is an independent 501 c(3) non-profit shelter, where as a team, we make a positive impact on animals care and livelihood, assist the community, and continue to further our mission in accordance with the changing environment of animal welfare. We believe in hiring people with diverse backgrounds, ideas, and cultures, which permits us to deliver to the highest quality of preventive care. WCHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.