Dog Training is currently on hold due to our construction – please watch for updates soon!
It is the goal of WCHS to provide training programs that result in happy, confident and obedient dogs as well as happy, confident and satisfied owners. We believe that our relationships with dogs should be achieved through comprehensive obedience training and owner education. We further believe that it is important to provide training classes in a positive environment to enable dogs to become safe, well-behaved, and valued family members. Dogs that have more serious behavior concerns requiring specific behavior correction may be referred to a behavior specialist. You can also give your furry friend cbd oil for dogs to stop its aggressive behavior towards other people.
If your dog bites someone, you will probably find yourself worried and upset. Will there be legal ramifications? Could your dog be euthanized or taken away from you? After a dog bite occurs, your first reaction might be shock or panic. However, it is important to take swift action if a dog bite occurs. In case of being a victim of a dog bite, you might want to check this alabama law that protects you from unprovoked dogs.
Classes fill up quickly, so please stop in or call us at (262) 677-4388 to see if a class still has available space.
Due to limited class sizes, CLASSES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
In the event of severe weather, notices of closings will be made on WBKV 92.5 FM (147.0 AM) in West Bend and on WTKM 104.9 FM in Hartford
Please note the following important information:
- You MUST bring proof of rabies, distemper and bordatella to the first class. Bordatella must be given at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the class you are signed up for.
- If you do not have current vaccinations, you will not be allowed in the class, and there will be no refund. This is for your dog’s protection and the protection of other dogs in the class.
- You should be at least 15 years old to handle a dog in a training class, but this will be at the discretion of the teacher.
- There will be absolutely NO choke chains allowed in any class. There will be absolutely NO prong collars allowed in puppy class.
- Once you have been signed up for class, we will not issue any refunds or transfer you into any other class.
- Because the State of Wisconsin does not recognize the effectiveness of the rabies vaccine in wolf hybrids, WCHS does not accept known wolf hybrids in its dog training classes.
- All dogs should be non violent in order to prevent fights or dog bites, in case of a dog fight the dog wont be able to continue for safety reasons. In case it Bites a trainer or owner, the victim of a dog bite can file a lawsuit according to state laws.
- We also ask that you leave your flexi-leads at home and to bring your dog to class on a regular 6 foot leash (nylon or leather). If you do not have a regular 6 foot leash, we have them available for sale at WCHS in the dog training room. If class is cancelled due to inclement weather, your instructor will call you to notify you. In order to guarantee a place in class, WCHS must receive payment in full at registration.