Interested in adopting?*
If you are interested in a specific dog, please contact us at 262-677-4388 and we will let you know if there are any signers for that dog or if they have been adopted. Our animal listings are updated every 30 minutes, so please check back often.
When you decide you are ready to adopt an animal from WCHS, and you are at least 18 years of age, the following takes place:
- You come into the shelter and fill out an application in person.
- If you own a home, please bring proof of home ownership with you. Proof should be a mortgage coupon or tax bill which must have your name and address on it.
- After completion of an application, you are required to wait 24 hours, which allows us time to verify your information, and also provides you, the potential adopter, time to be sure you are ready to give the animal a permanent and loving home. During those 24 hours we check with your landlord/verify your home ownership and verify your vet records. *Please note: potential adopters with dogs will need to do a dog/dog meet or a dog/cat meet.
- You are required to call the shelter (262-677-4388) between 10am and Noon to verify that you have been approved – at that point you will set up an adoption appointment. Please keep in mind that the last scheduled adoption appointment is an hour prior to closing.
- After adoption we follow up on the animal to see if you have any questions or problems we can assist with.
*For complete listing of Adoption Process click here.
Dog Application (Revised 3/27/2017))
You don’t need an appointment to view animals – please see viewing hours below:
|Animal Viewing Hours
|Mon 1pm – 7pm
||Tues 1pm – 5pm
|Wed 5pm – 8pm
||Thurs 1pm – 5pm
|Fri 1pm – 5pm
||Sat 1pm – 5pm
||Map and directions >>